The Solar Energy Association of Ukraine (ASEU) sent a request to the Chairman of the National Energy and Utility Regulation Commission Tarasyuk V.V. and the Head of NPC Ukrenergo Kudrytsky V.D. to clarify the application of certain regulations regarding the restriction of electricity supply by producers at the feed-in tariff.
The reason is frequent and even nocturnal dispatching restrictions of solar generation.
This has led to a number of issues that need urgent clarification from the Regulator.
- Which commands for RES curtailment by the TSO do not provide for further mandatory payment/reimbursement?
- Is the execution of the RES unloading command team subject to reimbursement/compensation based on “operational safety” provided within and outside the CMS?
- Does the dispatcher have the authority to engage RES producers to address systemic constraints resulting from force majeure on a gratuitous basis if the unloading capacity of such producers is available in the JMA?
- According to the Law “On the Electricity Market”, the transmission system operator is obliged to notify the NEURC about the settlement of system curtailment, which was the result of force majeure. Has such settlement information been carried out in 2021 and when did these events take place?
- What are the sources of debt repayment guaranteed by the Law on Curtailments of RES that took place in 2020?