Members of the Solar Energy Association of Ukraine met with representatives of NPC Ukrenergo. On the online event were discussed issues for the entire industry to limit RES, namely:
- the legitimacy of dispatcher commands to reduce the load of PV at night
- permissible limits of the command application for operational security reasons
- the question of creating a reference generating unit
- compensation for curtailments on RES in previous years
- expected start dates for compensation for curtailments
Big attention during the meeting was paid to the work of the Restriction Management System (RMS). The technical aspects and shortcomings of the RMS were discussed in detail, to which the members of the Association had many suggestions and comments.
“We are open to discussion and ready to hear the questions that arise from market participants, because we, of course, can not see everything, but we try to take into account and correct all problematic situations, including DSO and the work of the RMS,” said Vitaly Zaichenko, Director of UES of Ukraine, Chief Dispatcher.
Also at the meeting of the system operator were represented by:
- Oleksandr Symonenko, Head of the Department of Special Responsibilities and Support of the Market Management System
- Oksana Chepurna, Head of the Commercial Accounting Administration Department
- Taras Vasyliv, Head of the Dispatch Control Systems Department
- Andriy Glugovsky, Adviser on Operations and Dispatch Management
- Vyacheslav Salimon, Head of Special Responsibilities of the Department of Special Duties and Market Management System Support.
As a result of the meeting, the representatives of NPC Ukrenergo and ASEU agreed to hold a regular meeting of the joint working subgroup on the settlement of RES restrictions and finalization of compensation issues soon.